Thursday, March 31, 2011

Books?? Read? WHAAA!

        I can say i have a read a good variety books so far. The ones that interest me the most of course were the ones that i was forced to read for school. However there was one that i read and i enjoyed reading. That book was The autobiography of Malcolm X. (okay yes we read it in this class but I saw this book as one that many should read because it shows a side that many of us do not know)
       Malcolm X opened up a whole another side of the Civil Rights movement i was not aware of. In my history classes they always taught us about Dr. King whenever the Civil Rights movement was brought up. They might of mentioned Malcolm but it was briefly. They only stated that was on the opposite side of Dr.King preaching violence. But if you read this book you shall see a whole another side. Malcolm did not preach violence he said if  you get hit then hit back. Self defense not acts of violence to resolve things. I never learned or heard about his separation ideals. How he turned to a whole another religion.
     This book really made me think and made me aware that we only know what we are taught. And we are taught only the things that they want to teach us. Malcolm X was considered outrages for his ideals but in my view Malcolm was an intelligent and wise leader that wash harshly betrayed by the man he looked up to as his "god". You guys know about this book HOPEFULLY you guys do. But i strongly believe this a book everyone has to read
      

No comments:

Post a Comment