Thursday, December 9, 2010

What a money saving sale -.-

         Globalization.... what is this globalization which you speak of? When I hear globalization I picture my old xbox game “civilization revolution” and I picture everyone trying to conquer everyone. To be more specific there was a technology which you learned called globalization so that is what I picture
But isn't the real meaning of globalization basically the same thing? Its about corporations trying to expand to various parts of the world hoping to become wealthier than they already are. In a way I guess globalization is good. It creates more jobs for unresourced countries. It lifts up the poverty rate and makes the economy become more prosperous.
         But it is also just as bad. People get cheated off what they should actually get paid. It is just a way for major corporations to cash in unprivileged people that don't know any better and are just try to their living. The big corporations make them labor just to be paid $4 an hour? That is horrific but like I stated earlier these people don't know better.
         Also big corporations put out of business small local businesses. Sure they provide lower prices but that means someone else loses their job and businesses. Some businesses that were passed down family lines and businesses people poured their heart out for. Simply to be taken out of businesses by these marketing giants.
         In my opinion globalization is bad. Simply because it forces labor for easy money and it runs everyone else that surrounds them out of business. But who I am to speak, I myself go shop in these stores. Become excited at how much I saved. But for what cost child labor? Maybe we all should start changing this, its never to late...

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you Alex. Stupid Americans taking advantage of the poor Asian people.

    ReplyDelete